Life Skills Program
The Life Skills activities at our School offers personal development that equip students with skills, values and attitudes to face the challenges and demands of everyday life.
Life skills-based education is being adopted as a means to empower young children in challenging situations and develop them into well-formed educated individuals. Children learn the academics in School and the life skill activities help them to apply what they have learned to their everyday life.
- Karate At N L Dalmia High School, we have comprehended the significance of martial arts as a technique of self-defense and introduced Karate as a life skill in our school. This art form equips the children, especially girls, with a tool to defend and repel attacks, thus boosting their confidence and self esteem.
The recent surge in assaults against children has led to concerns over a safe environment. In this alarming social scenario, self defense becomes extremely essential.
- Ecosphere Club generates awareness of the environment. Ecosphere Club takes regular environmental initiatives involving all the children of the School.
- ‘Explore the Universe’ - session by Dr. J. J. Raval, former Director of Nehru Planetarium.
- A unique Annual Science, Arts & Craft Exhibition with 100% participation of students.
- Educational Tours are conducted to various places. Our students have visited Gir Forest in Gujarat, Coimbtore, Ooty and Madumalai in Tamil Nadu. These trips help learn team dynamics along with exploration of the rich heritage of our country.
- Co-Scholastic and Extra Scholastic activities are initiated by the School:
Sports Activities like badminton, Table Tennis, Football, Basket ball, Cricket, Chess, etc., UCMAS, Animation Course, Speech & Drama, Dance, Karate, etc.
- Regular Inter-house competitions like Debate, Quiz, Hand-writing, Poem writing, English & Hindi Elocution, Drawing, Craft – Best out of Waste, Singing, Chess, Carrom, Badminton, etc.
- Joy of Giving – To demonstrate the values of sharing, caring and giving a ‘Joy of Giving Week’ was celebrated. The children contributed a vast variety of articles like toys, books, clothes, footwear, stationary, food items, etc. All the collections were donated to NGO ‘Goonj’.
- Go Green – Our School participated in ‘Environment week’. Activities like drawing competition, essay writing and planting saplings taught the students simple ways to preserve the environment with small actions.
- The Hindustan Times conducted an Art Competition on No TV Day at our School. The winners of the School qualified for the finals wherein four talented students received cash prizes on the occasion.