The birth certificate of my child doesn’t have her name on it. What can I do?

The parent has to produce an affidavit from the court stating that the birth certificate belongs to the child.

We have come to the city from outside Maharashtra. We have been unable to get the Gram Panchayat or Municipality approval on the birth certificate of our child. What do we do?

You may need to go back to previous place of residence to get the seal of relevant Gram Panchayat or Municipality on the birth certificate.


I feel that my daughter is slow in learning. Therefore, she is always lagging behind other students in catching up with the curriculum. I do not know what to do.

The N L Dalmia High School does not accommodate more than 40 students per class. This is to ensure high one-on-one teacher-student interaction. This makes it possible for teachers to spot children who may be slow on the uptake. Also, we have trained our teachers to pay extra attention to students who may be weak in studies. We have also appointed a counselor, who may be able to sort out your child’s problems and figure out the reasons for slow learning and give suggestions on how the situation can be improved. Your active participation and motivating the child by praising her for her efforts can go a long way in turning the whole situation around. Please remember that children are quick learners for their minds are naturally ripe to new thoughts and ideas. But please make sure that you consistently encourage the child and not put her down or compare her to other students. Appreciate her for her strengths and build on her and slowly, with love and care, weed out her weaknesses.


My child is unable to appear for the final exam, as she is not well. Would she be declared failed and detained in the same standard?

Please do put your worries to rest. Your child’s final scores and the decision for promotion to the higher standard does not depend on her performance in the final exam alone. If she is unable to appear for the final exam, an average of her marks in other tests will be taken into account and if the required minimum is met, she will most likely be promoted to the next class. However, you must produce a doctor’s certificate declaring her unfit to appear for the exam.

Having said that, we would like all parents to know that as a principle we discourage students from missing their exams. To be on a safer side, it is always a good idea to take special care of your children’s health before and during exams.

What happens if I feel that my child deserved more marks in certain subjects?

Parents/guardians can apply for re-evaluation of marks only for the final exam mark sheets. However, we would like to state that our teachers and examiners take due care in checking the papers and granting final scores to all students. Therefore, application for a re-evaluation must be submitted only if you have reasonable grounds to be doing so.


The School believes that the means employed to reach the goal are as important as the goal itself. In case a student is found using unfair means in any test or examination, he/she will be debarred from the whole test/examination. If a child fails to secure less than 40% marks in three or more subjects, he will be detained in the same class.

Extra Curricular Activities

I want my son to do well in extra curricular activities too. I want to see him grow into a person well initiated into arts, crafts and other attributes. What programmes does the School have so that he can achieve all this?

We appreciate and understand your anxiety over this. We encourage all our students to develop their aptitudes and talents over and above academics. For detailed information, please refer to Extra-Curricular Activities, About Us, Mission-Statement. Also read about the students’ Awards and Achievements. The above pages will address your worries. However, we also depend on your support and initiative to encourage your child to take full advantage of the facilities provided by the School.


Our family has to go for a wedding to our native place during the half-yearly exam. Therefore, my children will be unable to appear for the exam. Would he/she be punished for that or declared failed for this reason?

We strictly discourage missing exams for reasons other than medical grounds. A sense of prioritization is a must for self-discipline, which needs to be inculcated in all children. Students absent from an examination/test for any reason will not be re-examined. They will be promoted or detained in the class according to the average grade obtained. The decision of the Principal will be final.

What happens if my child has remained absent from School for a day and I have been unable to seek prior permission for the same?

As a rule, ‘leave of absence’ from the School is granted only with the prior approval of the Class Teacher or the Principal. Due to unavoidable reason if the child has remained absent the child will be marked absent.

My child has remained absent from the School for a week without prior intimation. What happens now?

Taking leave without due notice and keeping away from School for over a week is not allowed. We want discipline and a sense of responsibility to be abided and respected by all parents and children. We want to ensure that children do not take studies lightly and we hope you realise that we only have your child’s best interest at heart.

My child has been unwell and therefore I could not submit the application for leave in advance though I had every intention to do so. Would punitive action be taken against him?

You can submit a letter seeking leave on the first day of the attendance. If the student has been down with a contagious/infectious disease, a fitness certificate from the doctor would be required.

Do you grant leave for weddings/other important occasions within the family?

Usually, a day’s leave is granted for the wedding of a sibling and half day’s leave for the wedding of a distant relative. We strongly discourage missing School for any other reason. The Principal may be forced to take punitive measures against a student if he/she takes off for a wedding, feast, pilgrimage or some such function without prior permission.


I have a daughter and I am really worried about her safety in the School.

The School gives utmost importance to the safety and security of every student within the School premises. The School has round-the-clock security at the School gate.

None of the members of the general public are allowed inside unless they have sought prior appointments. Also at the entry gate, such persons will be required to make an entry giving complete details of their names and addresses. Their identities will also be checked.

Once your daughter enters the School premises, she will not be able to go out of the School without a gate pass issued by the Principal or the Class Teacher.

Besides that, the School has vigilance cameras installed on various floors and corridors of the School and the Principal can monitor movements of students from her desk on the CCTV.

Career Guidance

My child is in the 10th standard and is confused about what stream he should choose in college. How can you help?

The School has appointed a career counselor who can help your child in choosing a stream best suited to his mental abilities and skills. A counselor from the agency is present twice a week in the School. You can seek prior appointment with the counselor and have a one-on-one talk with him/her.


We are moving out of the city. We want to know what is the procedure for withdrawals.

All withdrawals from the School can be made only on a written request, made by the parent/guardian. The form for the same is available in the School calendar.


What happens if my child reaches late to the School? Will he be sent back home?

The School fosters a sense of Self-discipline among all its students. We want every child to become conscientious about reaching the School on time, attending all the classes and activities at their stipulated times.

Usually children reaching late to the School will be reprimanded. However, if reasonably justifiable grounds exist for reaching late to the School the child shall be excused. Child’s track record for maintaining School Timings will also be taken into consideration. However, such decisions will be at the sole discretion of the Principal or the Class Teacher.